Terms, Fees and Payment
Terms and Fees
NEW or EXPIRED Security Worker Licence:
- One-Year Term – $120
- Two-Year Term – $180
- Three-Year Term – $240
- 90-day Term – $60
RENEWAL of Current Security Worker Licence:
- One-Year Term – $60
- Two-Year Term – $120
- Three-Year Term – $180
- 90-day Term – $60 *
* Security Worker Under Supervision licence type cannot renew under the 90-day term. Security Worker Under Supervision must renew to a full Security Worker Licence – use the form Application for a NEW Security Worker Licence (SPD0503).
UPDATING your Current Security Worker Licence:
- Flat Fee of $20 – is required only if the new information provided changes what is on the face of your licence.
If your update does not alter the licence itself, there is no fee.
Note: Be aware of your expiry date of your current licence. If you need to make an update to your licence but your licence is due to expire within 60 days, it would be more economical to go through the renewal process rather than paying the $20 now and the renewal fee in 60 days.
REPLACEMENT of your Current Security Worker Licence
- Flat Fee of $20 — is required. Your licence will be printed with no changes, including no change to the expiry date.
Making Your Payment
You have three options for submitting your full payment with your application.
- Bank-issued certified cheque made payable to the Minister of Finance
- Money Order made payable to the Minister of Finance (money orders may be purchased at any post office, bank or other financial institution for a nominal fee)
- Credit card payments are accepted if you use the form specifically designed that you will sign to authorize the Registrar to take payment from the credit card information you provide. The form is Authorized Credit Card Usage Form for Security Workers (SPD0508). Only VISA and MasterCard are accepted at this time.
NOTE: Credit card information should not be e-mailed. Mail or fax the completed 'Authorized Credit Card Usage' form to Security Programs (address listed at bottom of the form).
Information for a Sole Proprietor of a Security Business
If you are a sole proprietor of a the business (see Definitions for description of sole proprietor), you are not required to pay the fees for a new or the renewal of your Security Worker Licence. You are only required to pay the fee for a new or renewal of your security business licence.
You must, however, pay the $20 fee:
- whenever you provide an update that will alter what is on your printed security worker or security business licence; and
- if you need to replace either licence should it become lost or stolen.
Normal fees for your security worker licence will apply should the business change from sole proprietor.
>>Next: Submitting or Withdrawing an Application