Security Business – Terms, Fees and Payment
Terms and Fees
NEW Security Business Licence:
- One-Year Term — $500
- Two-Year Term — $775
- Three-Year Term —$1050
RENEWAL of Current Security Business Licence:
- One-Year Term — $275
- Two-Year Term — $550
- Three-Year Term — $825
UPDATING your Current Security Business Licence:
- Flat Fee of $20 — if the new information provided changes what is on the current business licence have to pay a flat $20 fee.
Note: Be aware of the expiry date of the current business licence. If an update to the licence is required now but the licence is due to expire within 60 days, it would be more economical to go through the renewal process rather than paying the $20 update fee and then the renewal fee in 60 days.
- No Fee – if the update does not alter the licence itself, there is no fee.
REPLACEMENT of your Current Security Business Licence
- Flat Fee of $20 — is required. Your licence will be printed with no changes. It is necessary to request a replacement licence as soon as possible using the form Request for Replacement of a Current Security Business Licence (SPD0502).
Making Your Payment
There are four options for submitting your full payment with your application.
- Bank-issued certified cheque made payable to the Minister of Finance
- Money Order made payable to the Minister of Finance (money orders may be purchased at any post office, bank or other financial institution for a nominal fee)
- Credit card payments are accepted if you use the form specifically designed that you will sign to authorize the Registrar to take payment from the credit card information you provide. The form is “Authorized Credit Card Usage Form for Security Businesses” (SPD0509). Only VISA and MasterCard are accepted at this time.
NOTE: Credit card information should not be e-mailed. Mail or fax the completed 'Authorized Credit Card Usage' form to Security Programs (address listed at bottom of the form).
- Credit Balance can be drawn from – if the business has a credit balance with the Registrar's office. Contact Security Programs for more information.
Information for a Sole Proprietor of a Security Business
If you are a sole proprietor of a the business (see Definitions for description of sole proprietor), you are not required to pay the fees for a new or the renewal of your Security Worker Licence. You are only required to pay the fee for a new or renewal of your security business licence.
You must, however, pay the $20 fee:
- whenever you provide an update that will alter what is on your printed security worker or security business licence; and
- if you need to replace either licence should it become lost or stolen.
Normal fees for your security worker licence will apply should the business change from sole proprietor. Refer to the Security Worker section of this website for information on acquiring a security worker licence or adding a licence type to a current licence.
>>Next: Submitting or Withdrawing your application package