Under the Police Act, the Police Services Division is responsible for ensuring adequate and effective levels of policing and law enforcement through:
- Ensuring the central oversight of all policing in the province;
- Monitoring the financial and operational accountability of provincial and municipal RCMP through policing agreements;
- Administering First Nations policing agreements and programs;
- Administering road safety programs;
- Providing training and support to Municipal, First Nations and other police governance boards;
- Establishing provincial policing standards for police services delivery;
- Inspecting and reporting on the quality and standard of police services delivery;
- Developing and coordinating police policy and associated legislation;
- Providing leadership to facilitate innovative, proactive, evidence-based police service delivery through restructured service delivery and technological advances;
- Managing non-police law enforcement appointments and activity (i.e., special constables, auxiliary members); and,
- Reporting on provincial crime and police data.
To contact the Police Services Division, see Contact Us page.