Ministry of Justice
Resources and Links
- OCTIP One-Year Status Report - summary of immediate actions and additional activities completed to fulfill the first year of the B.C. Action Plan to Combat Human Trafficking
- Staying Current (November 2014 Edition) — B.C.’s Office to Combat Trafficking in Persons resource compiles and summarizes reports, headlines and other items relating to human trafficking, which OCTIP has obtained through colleagues, partners and online resources.
- B.C.'s Office to Combat Trafficking in Persons - pocket-sized information card with toll free number – Order Form (available in 15 languages)
- Labour Trafficking Roundtable Summary – Summary from March 5, 2014 Labour Trafficking Consultation in Vancouver, B.C.
- Human Trafficking for Domestic Servitude: Patterns of Deception and Coercion and their Impact on Victims.
Research on patterns used by human traffickers to deceive, coerce, and exercise control over trafficked persons
- Modern Day Slavery – Combating the Exploitation of Foreign Workers in Our Communities
Pamphlet to raise awareness and provide assistance to foreign workers who may be victims of trafficking. Published by MOSAIC and West Coast Domestic Workers. Available in English, Punjabi, Chinese, Spanish, and Filipino.
- Canada’s National Action Plan to Combat Human Trafficking
- Human Trafficking in Canada
Booklet for anyone who wants to learn more about human trafficking. Published by The People's Law School.
- Protection and assistance for victims of human trafficking
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (www.cic.gc.ca)
Summary: Under new guidelines, victims are eligible to extend the length of a temporary resident permit (TRP) from 120 days to 180 days. Additional assistance is also provided. A link to the TRP policy and procedural guidelines is provided at the end of this article.
- Criminal Code of Canada, Human Trafficking Sections 279.01-279.04
- Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Part 3: Human Smuggling and Trafficking)
Government of Canada, Department of Justice
- Domestic Sex Trafficking of Aboriginal Girls in Canada: Issues and Implications
First People’s Child and Family Review. 2007.
- Human Trafficking: Reference Guide for Canadian Law Enforcement
University College of the Fraser Valley. 2005
- Public Safety Canada – Human Trafficking
- Strategic Intelligence Brief – Organized Crime and Domestic Trafficking in Persons in Canada
- RCMP Human Trafficking National Coordination Centre
- Towards the Development of a National Data Collection Framework to Measure Trafficking in Persons
Canadian Centre for Justice Statistics. 2010.
- Manitoba Labour and Immigration – Status of Women
This Canadian government web page lists a number of resources on human trafficking in Canada, including a report commissioned by the Government of Manitoba, that looks at ways to inform Canadian efforts to prevent human trafficking and support those who are trafficked – An Exploration of Promising Practices in Response to Human Trafficking in Canada
- Human Trafficking Awareness Campaign – Canadian Crime Stoppers Association