Submitting an Application for a UBrew/UVin Licence
First, review our booklet describing the licensing process called Liquor Licensing in BC: Applicants' Information for UBrew/UVin Liquor Licence.
Second, you will need a UBrew/UVin licence application package, available by mail from Liquor Control and Licensing Branch Head Office (call toll-free, 1-866-209-2111), or you can print each of the individual pieces from this website. The package contains:
- UBrew/UVin Licence Application (LCLB016)
- Required forms for personal history summary and consent to a criminal record search (you or your resident manager and identified shareholders and partners are required to complete the following personal history summary and consent to criminal record search forms):
- Personal History Summary and Consent to Criminal Record Search Form (LCLB004)
- RCMP Consent for Disclosure of Criminal Record Information (RCMP GRC3584)
- If you are living outside of Canada, have been living in Canada for less than five years or you have been charged, discharged, or convicted of a criminal offence you must also provide a statutory declaration (sample) - signed by a lawyer, Notary Public, or Commissioner for Taking Affidavits - stating either that you have not been charged or convicted of a crime, or providing details of any past charges, discharges, convictions or sentences.
- If you have any alcohol-related driving infractions within the past five years, or have been charged, discharged, or convicted of an alcohol/drug or criminal offence, you must also provided a copy of your drivers abstract.
A completed application will include:
- completed application form
- completed personal history summary and consent to criminal record search forms (see Criminal Record Search)
- all required documentation (see Documents required)
- application fee (see UBrew/UVin licence fees), and
- mail the entire package to branch headquarters in Victoria (the address is on the application form).