Submitting an Application for a Manufacturer's Licence
First, you will need a manufacturer's licence application package. You can print each of the individual pieces from this website, or you can request copies by mail from Liquor Control and Licensing Branch Head Office (call toll-free, 1-866-209-2111). The package contains:
- Application for a Manufacturer's Licence (Winery, Distillery, Brewery) (LCLB014)
- Required forms for personal history summary and consent to a criminal record search (you or your resident manager and identified shareholders and partners are required to complete the following personal history summary and consent to criminal record search forms):
- Personal History Summary and Consent to Criminal Record Search Form (LCLB004)
- RCMP Consent for Disclosure of Criminal Record Information (RCMP GRC3584)
- If you are living outside of Canada, have been living in Canada for less than five years or you have been charged, discharged, or convicted of a criminal offence you must also provide a statutory declaration (sample) — signed by a lawyer, Notary Public, or Commissioner for Taking Affidavits — stating either that you have not been charged or convicted of a crime, or providing details of any past charges, discharges, convictions or sentences.
- If you have any alcohol-related driving infractions within the past five years, or have been charged, discharged, or convicted of an alcohol/drug or criminal offence, you must also provided a copy of your drivers abstract.
A completed application package will include:
- completed application form
- completed personal history summary and consent to criminal record search forms (see Criminal Record Search)
- all required documentation (see Documents required)
- ask your local government planning department for written confirmation that local zoning allows a manufacturing facility (and retail sales, if applicable) at your proposed location (you will also need approvals from fire/building authorities — for more information see Local government or other approvals)
- application fee (see Manufacturer’s licence fees)
- mail the entire package to branch headquarters in Victoria (the address is on the application form).