Submitting an Application for a Food-Primary Licence
You will need a food-primary application package, available by mail from Liquor Control and Licensing Branch Head Office (call toll-free, 1-866-209-2111), or you can print each of the individual pieces from this website. The package contains:
- Application for a Food Primary Licence (LCLB001b)
- Required forms for personal history summary and consent to a criminal record search (you or your resident manager and any identified shareholders and partners are required to complete the following personal history summary and consent to criminal record search forms):
- Personal History Summary and Consent to Criminal Record Search Form (LCLB004)
- RCMP Consent for Disclosure of Criminal Record Information (RCMP GRC3584)
- If you are living outside of Canada, have been living in Canada for less than five years or you have been charged, discharged, or convicted of an alcohol/drug or criminal offence you must also provide a statutory declaration (sample) [RTF] - signed by a lawyer, Notary Public, or Commissioner for Taking Affidavits - stating either that you have not been charged or convicted of a crime, or providing details of any past charges, discharges, convictions or sentences.
- If you have any alcohol-related driving infractions within the past five years, or have been charged, discharged, or convicted of an alcohol/drug or criminal offence, you must also provided a copy of your drivers abstract.
A completed application package will include:
If your application is not complete, we will return your application, and let you know what information or documentation is missing. You will have 45 days to resubmit a completed application or we will consider your application withdrawn and you will have to reapply at a later date and pay the applications fees.
You can also do all of the above online through our online service provider, the OneStop Business Registry.