Application Processing Policies
The $20.00 processing fee is not refundable. Once processing of the consent form begins, there is no refund.
The Criminal Records Review Program is not responsible to keep track of duplicate forms. No refunds are provided for duplicate forms that are processed.
Keep track of forms submitted to this office to avoid duplicate payments. Most fax machines have a 'confirmed sent' feature which may assist you. Due to high volumes of consent form submissions, our office is unable to search through our submissions to confirm receipt.
This section pertains only to consent forms received in our office using the manual Consent to a Criminal Record Check form.
Consent forms are returned, with an explanatory letter from the Criminal Records Review Program if:
- no payment for the criminal record check is received
- payment received is the incorrect amount
- payment is not in the form of a certified cheque, money order, VISA or Mastercard payment (credit card must use the Pre-Authorized Credit Card Usage form)
- the consent is not signed and / or dated
- information on the consent form is missing or not clear, such as no organization information is included on the consent form where it is required;
- an incorrect or obsolete consent form is received;
The consent form will be processed once the payment, missing information, or updated form is received by the Criminal Records Review Program.
No missing information is taken over the phone and credit card information must not be e-mailed.