Unidentified Cases: Requests for Public Assistance
The British Columbia Coroners Service, in conjunction with municipal police or RCMP, seek your assistance to help identify human remains. Each case presented may include retouched facial photographs, photographs of tattoos and distinguishing physical features and facial reconstructions. These fabricated images may not always resemble the person as they actually appeared during life and should be considered an approximation of their appearance. With your help, we hope to bring some closure to families who are searching for someone.
Only those cases where there is enough information available to the BC Coroners Service to develop a descriptive profile are presented in the database. The database does not contain all such investigations being conducted by the Office of the Chief Coroner. Should you have a query regarding any unidentified human remains investigations, please contact the Identification and Disaster Response Unit (IDRU) – 1 877 660-5077.
Link to Database – Canada's Missing
- August 21, 2014 - BC Coroners Service Seeks Public Assistance to Identify Male
(Case File 2014-2012-0057 images)
- July 22, 2014 - BC Coroners Service seeks public assistance to identify male
- June 25, 2014 - BC Coroners Service releases new information on unidentified male
- May 13, 2014 - BC Coroners Service Seeks Public Assistance to Identify Male
(Case File 2014-0304-0018)
Facial approximation and other images
- March 6, 2014 - Body found Feb. 19, 2014, having travelled on 9 pm BC Ferries sailing from Departure Bay to Horseshoe Bay
(Case File 2014-0376-0031)
- May 29, 2013 - BC Coroners Service seeks public assistance in identifying man recovered from Burrard Inlet - deceased male, recovered May 23, 2013 from the Burrard Inlet near New Brighton Park.
(Case File 2013-0283-0041) Facial approximation and other images
- April 8, 2010 – Body Found Fraser River South Arm (near western foot of Williams Road)
(Case File 2008-278-0587) Facial Reconstruction and other images